Welcome to Maui Tips for Newcomers!
As a newcomer to Maui, I am discovering many things that I wish I had known from the beginning or even before I arrived. All of the following are tips and advice I’ve gathered in the three weeks I’ve been on the island. Much of these concern how to improve the way one’s decisions regarding accommodation, food, orientation, and survival.
My blog post on Local Knowledge and Inside Information inspired me to start a new blog for newcomers who have already arrived, who are planning to come, or who are considering the options. The last two is written for my friends in mainland USA, Europe, Asia, and elsewhere — so they can come and visit me.
- How to get here?
- How to uproot and afford the long journey here?
- How to find the best travel deals?
- What is there to do here?
- Where to live?
- Furnished or unfurnished?
- Do I need a car: the rent vs buy question
- What comes first the insurance or the safety inspection or the car registration?
- Where do I go to get a …. ?
- How do I save money living in Maui?
- Tips for snorkeling in Maui
- Tips for visitors to the Wailea, Kihei, and Makena area – by a newcomer
- Maui on a budget – by Tripadvisor
I welcome comments, feedback, suggestions, and tips and advice!!
It’s nearly Christmas! You can support this blog by ordering my solo piano CD (80 minutes of original music) including “Full Moon on Maui” at CDBABY.